Foundation 2 Mission Statement
The Foundation 2 Curriculum has been carefully planned around Butler’s Hill’s mission of Dream Big, Aim High, as we want our children to have high aspirations and believe they can make a difference, big or small through their core values and responsible actions. Every child is an exceptional individual and we celebrate and respect differences within our diverse school community. The ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of basic skills, knowledge and values that equips our children for their future successes. We inspire our children to become accomplished, happy individuals, ready to reach their full potential in an ever-changing world.
Our EYFS curriculum is driven to: recognise children’s prior learning and experiences (influenced by their home and community), provide first hand learning experiences (filling the gaps from pupils’ background), allow the children to develop interpersonal skills, build resilience through our ‘Growth Mindset’ approach and become critical and creative thinkers.
- Nurture our children to become caring, creative and confident individuals
- Plan for our children’s interests and provide opportunities throughout our EYFS curriculum to support learning, consolidate and deepen knowledge and ensure children meet their next steps.
- Provide our children with a wide range of rich, first hand experiences to take the curriculum beyond the classroom.
- Foster the development of each child’s character.
- Provide purposeful, enticing and well-planned indoor and outdoor environments, which support learning in all areas of the curriculum.
- Prepare children to reach the Early Learning goals at the end of the Foundation Stage and ensure children make at least good progress from their starting points.