Reading for Pleasure
At Butler's Hill we aim to embed reading for pleasure throughout school to create a love of reading for life!
We aim to:
- Ensure that every child is regularly read to.
- Develop social reading environments that raise the profile of RfP, spark interest in reading and encourage ‘comfy’ reading.
- Ensure that children have a wide range of high quality books; fiction, nonfiction, poetry, comics and magazines to choose from.
- Increase the amount of high quality, current children’s literature, available for all children to read.
- Staff share good practices through book recommendations and informal book chat