Reading for Pleasure
At Butler's Hill we aim to embed reading for pleasure throughout school to create a love of reading for life!
We aim to:
- Ensure that every child is regularly read to.
- Develop social reading environments that raise the profile of RfP, spark interest in reading and encourage ‘comfy’ reading.
- Ensure that children have a wide range of high quality books; fiction, nonfiction, poetry, comics and magazines to choose from.
- Increase the amount of high quality, current children’s literature, available for all children to read.
- Staff share good practices through book recommendations and informal book chat
At Butler's Hill, as a staff, we all love to read! Our passion for reading is clear to see in all of our classrooms, starting in Nursery and finishing in Year 2! Our children enjoy daily opportunities to visit our class reading areas. They are warm ,relaxing and accessible for all!
Our daily reading with the class includes daily book votes, book reveals, chosen authors and much more. Ask your child about reading at school!
Meet the staff!
Assembly with Mrs Buckley the Governor and afternoon tea with Mrs Hallam
Our Gorgeous Book Corners!
Staff Reading at Butler's Hill
We all love to read at Butler's Hill. Over the summer, we challenged our staff and children to read somewhere weird and wonderful!
Each half term we invite Parents and Carers into school to read with their child in the classroom setting. Children love having their adults in school to see what they have been enjoying reading and what authors the class has been looking at. At Butler's we see the value in reading regularly with our family, to ensure progression and most importantly, to develop that life long love of learning!
World Book Day 2022
The buzz around school was amazing!!!!!!! Each class chose a story and spent the day dressing up and having fun around the story. Can you guess what each class chose?