Vision and Values
Through our vision, we aim to EQUIP our pupils with the best set of key skills and knowledge, delivered by ‘High Quality, High Impact’ teaching and learning. EMBEDDING this through an engaging, purposeful and challenging curriculum. ENRICHING pupils’ learning experiences by providing a wealth of opportunities to motivate and inspire them to become life- long learners.
Dream big, aim high!
Our school values; Respect, Responsibility and Resilience are rooted in our motto, ‘Dream big, aim high!’
Respect – in practice, this means:
Being polite and kind to one another.
Taking turns and listening.
Looking after one another.
Understanding that we are all different.
We are understanding and considerate of everyone’s rights.
You can give and model respect. Respect is not usually a one-off event or action. It is at the heart of all behaviour, the underlying principle. How we treat and consider other people, the environment and ourselves is an important life value.
ResponsibilityWe recognise our actions and make a positive difference.
We have an individual and collective responsibility for:
Ourselves – choices and actions
Others – family, friends and community
As a school, we want to encourage everyone to keep developing and growing, expanding our minds and our horizons.
We can show our responsibility and commitment through:
- being excellent role models to others;
- owning our choices and decisions;
- accepting that we all have an important role to play as part of a community;
- to speak out against inequality;
- being prepared and ready to learn;
- being life-long learners;
- supporting the learning of our peers and the wider community;
- taking care of belongings and school property;
- offering additional support to enable all students to reach their potential.
Resilience – We are brave when faced with challenges.
Resilience is not giving up even when things are difficult.
Resilience is embracing challenge.
Resilience involves developing a growth mindset.
Resilience is being able to withstand negative feelings.
Resilience is bouncing back.
Resilience helps me to feel confident.
Resilience is that ineffable quality that allows some people to be knocked down by life and come back stronger than ever. Rather than letting failure overcome them and drain their resolve, they find a way to overcome the challenges they face.
Our 3 C’s Aims:
- We are caring
Care is a core value at the heart of our school. Children are kind and considerate to each other, staff, parents and visitors. We use, ‘kind words and kind hands’. We encourage children to think of others feelings and reflect on how to respond.
We take responsibility for the care of our school, community and our ‘our world’, ensuring the curriculum reflects global issues such as climate change. We understand whatever your views, beliefs or background all people come together for the protection of our world and all its’ living creatures.
- We are creative
- We are confident
Our promise to our children :
- Nurture every child to be a happy, caring and responsible member of our school community.
- Motivate the children to embrace challenge, learn from mistakes and to realise their dreams and goals.
- Plan a rich and varied curriculum that promotes self- belief, resilience and independence.
- Through a metacognitive approach we teach the children to be effective, independent learners who are creative, imaginative, confident, resilient and supportive of each other.
- Create indoor and outdoor learning environments that excite, energise and inspire children to play, explore and learn.
- Facilitate the professional development of all staff.
- Research, review and further improve our practice.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with parents/carers and the wider community